Monday, July 2, 2012

Tour de Fleece Day 2: Navajo Ply

During the first round of tournament 5 of Nerd Wars, the challenge was to share some little secret you had learned that really helped you in your craft.  Someone posted a video of navajo ply.  Last month I had spun up some striped yarn and I decided that I wanted to try this technique.

I rewatched the videos, read the artcle in Spinning Daily and tried it out.  It was a bit harrowing at first but I think I did OK.

I got 60 yards of aran weight yarn.  I spun it Z and plied it N.  Or that's what it said in the books and someone else told me.  I'm still learning so much.

1 comment:

WonderWhyGal said...

I've been spinning for three years and still haven't figured out the N-ply. I end up with a jumbled mess.

Good for you. Good idea for the NW challenge too. I may have to steal that one. Don't worry, it will be our little secret ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails