Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Skedtrack

One of the things I really liked about the online public school was that we had an online schedule that was easy to read and follow.  So I've been looking at various sites for this and what we could do.

Homeschool Tracker--I've used this in the past but I couldn't get it to download to my computer so it was out unless I was willing to pay for the online version which is a bit expensive.

Per--seemed really hard to use.

Skedtrack--is a lot easier to use and isn't too time consuming.  It does have annoying ads but is free.

What am I doing with this?
First I set up our calendar for the year marking the days we would not have school.  Then I set up my two student profiles and added courses for each student.  What is nice about the course set up is that you can mark the days that you do that class because we don't do everything every day.

You can add the books you use and then you do the daily activity.  It is basically just typing in the syllabus or what you want to do each day.  Then the calendar schedules it all for you.  And you can see how long it will take you to complete a class.

I'm still in the process of ordering and receiving materials.  But I have started setting up the courses and typing in what each child will do each day.  It is really nice because it even tells me how long things will take.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails