Sunday, June 10, 2012

Nerd Wars: First Challenge Down

I am competing in Nerd Wars on Ravelry this summer on Team Iron Throne.  In Nerd Wars they basically put out 6 challenges each month and you get to craft something to fit it and earn points for your team.  There are a variety of teams that fit every nerd world.  I'm reading the A Song of Ice and Fire series this summer so I thought that this would be a good team for me to join.

Well, the first challenge I decided to respond to was "The Kids are All Right."  You had to make something for a child in your chosen "world."  So I decided to make socks for Danerys Targeryen.  The Targeryen family words are "Fire and Blood."  So I made V-Junkie socks in a fire and smoke colorway.  The socks are made to have the shape of blood cells on them. 

Here they are:

My youngest daughter loves them.  She picked the pattern and yarn for me to knit up.  It is also a very quick pattern.  I knit the pair in 9 days beating my record of 15 days  on a pair of socks.  The short-row heels are now my favorite.

1 comment:

WonderWhyGal said...

I'm still trying to figure out what to make for that challenge. Love these socks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails