Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Coat Project: The Pattern

I now have in my hands the pattern in English for Grey Stones, White Sea Trading and Boat Rugs.  I have decided that I will make it knee length rather than full length because I would trip over the hem and I think just below the knee would be more flattering for my figure.

Also, instead of long mohair for the trim, I am going to use shorter mohair which I will double or triple when I knit.  Here is a picture of the mohair:


I have decided that if I go with a fleece, I will look for one in brown or I will get a white one and dye it a dark forest green.  I think either color would go well with the blue mohair for trim.

The pattern itself is very complicated and this will probably be the most challenging project I ever make.  There are cables, sewing, complicated charts and directions.  It's all so very exciting.

2 comments:

Wendy L. Callahan said...

You are always so busy! Haven't you created an entire wardrobe by now? ;)

CloseAcademy said...

I'm working on it. I've got three to knit for though. My youngest is always falling in love with yarn and patterns and wanting me to make her stuff before I can make myself things. Lol.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails