Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Coming Soon: The Coat Project

After reading a thread on the pattern board at Ravelry on What is your Favorite someday pattern.  I decided that I wanted to make a coat.  I am thinking it will be either cabled or felted.

Here are some of the topics that will be coming up:

What pattern for the coat? top-down or bottom-up? felted or cabled?
Buying yarn or spinning yarn?  Spinning from top or preparing a fleece and then spinning? 
Dyeing the yarn or what color will it be?
And of course there will be posts on all the progress along the way.

Currently, I have a board at pintrest where I am collecting ideas for patterns, yarn and color.  Right now I am in the idea stage.  I have quite a few projects that will need to be finished before I can do this one.

Here is my list of things to be done first:

Working on my spinning skills on my Lendrum.
Spinning all my colored roving.
Finish spinning my alpaca roving and make the felted slippers.
Socks for both my daughters but I have to finish my socks first.
A coat for my mom in orange yarn and trimmed in mohair (we have everything ready to go).
But first I need to finish my Juliana sweater and my scrunchy shawl.
Knit up a Noro Taiyo sweater for my youngest daughter.
Knit my February Lady Sweater.
Make my cape in Classic Elite Classic Silk in green with leaves for trim.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails