Wednesday, February 1, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Lacy Suri Alpaca Scarf

Well, when I went to the fiber shop on Friday, I found some beautiful Suri Alpaca yarn on clearance.  It is so soft and pretty.  I decided I needed to knit something light and airy to show it off in the best light.  I also wanted to do beads.  So I decided on the Party Lace Scarf.  But because my yarn was bulky and needed at least size 11 needles, I decided to cut the number of cast on stitches in half.  So I cast on 20 instead of 40.  I used 9 instead of 19 beads.

Here she is so far:

It's the feathers and fan lace pattern.  I'm almost done but I still have another skein of this yarn.

Want to see more works in progress?  Then check out Tami's Blog.

7 comments:

Karen said...

Your scarf is gorgeous! It looks so soft.

Laura said...

That looks amazingly soft and fluffy - it's going to be like wearing a cloud!

Affiknitty said...

The lace is looking very pretty in the bulky but soft yarn. That was a great find!

Nicky said...

That looks like it's going to be seriously awesome when blocked.

Sarah B said...

It looks so soft and fluffy. I just want to dive right into it!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Do you think it'll be done and blocked by Friday? We all can't wait to see it! :)

stitchin' girl said...

OOOOH! That's a pretty pattern! Your yarn sure does look soft!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails