Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wednesday WIP: Mohair Shawl

I am at the point of binding off stitches on my daughter's shawl.  I used Crystal palace yarns Kid Merino and the pattern was Alva.  I really liked this yarn although it took some time getting used to working with laceweight.

I did play with the pattern a little.  On the openwork, I did a row of openwork, purled across, knit across, and purled across once more before another row of openwork.  I also added ruffles.  For this I knit the front and backs of every stitch, knit 2 more rows and then knit the fronts and backs again, knit a row and now I am binding off.  I used probably 1/2 a skein on the ruffle.

The shawl itself.  You can see I did a set of openwork then a few rows of regular and another set of openwork before starting the ruffle.


This is a close-up of the openwork and the ruffle.  I should have it all bound off today. 

Want to see more works in progress?  Then check out Tami's Blog.

6 comments:

pinkundine said...

It looks so pretty and delicate :) I love the ruffle!

Hi, I'm Vicki said...

wow this is really beautiful, i love the colours.

Kristianna said...

So pretty!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Pretty for a little girl, especially with that lovely float-y ruffle!

Mary said...

Very pretty, it will be lovely when it's blocked out, love the ruffle...

Sarah said...

Great color, and I just love the ruffles. Can't wait to see it blocked and finished!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails