Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday WIP: Mohair Lace Shawl

Every year my daughters go to a father-daughter dance and this year I thought it would be nice to make them something pretty like a shawl.  My older daughter decided that she didn't want one but my younger daughter is loving the lace mohair shawl that I am working on for her. 

Right now it is too big for an American doll but not quite big enough for my daughter.  I am about 1/2 way through the first ball of yarn.  I have two.  It is Crystal Palace Yarns Kid Mohair.  A lovely mohair and merino blend. 

Up close it has more of a pink leopard print. It is laceweight yarn and I am using size 7 needles.  I started out on double points then moved up to a wooden 16" circular before finally having to move onto my plastic needles.  It is very slippery yarn and I am using my yarn stoppers to keep things from falling off when I am not knitting (green tip cover things).

By the way on Friday I will have pictures of the Suri Alpaca scarf and the matching hat.

Want to see more works in progress?  Then check out Tami's Blog.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I'm in love with that shawl, and the colours are fabulous! Can't wait to see it finished :D

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Lovely yarn - I really like the way the colours are pooling all leopard-y! Hopefully the girls have a great time at the dance!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails