Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Rainbow Containers & Alpaca Spinning

I got sick of digging in the bottom of a plastic storage box and searching through needle holders to find the knitting needles I wanted to use.  So I decided that I wanted to have them on display on my desk.  I am making three containers. 

1--square, cool colors, for short needles
2--rectangle, warm colors, for double points
3--round, rainbow, long needles and other tools

I have the first two done and am on the second color for the last one.  When they are all knitted then I will felt them.  I am using my cascade 220 wool again that I used for the rainbow project bag.

Also, I am working on making felted slippers out of the alpaca cria that I bought.  It has a lot of guard hairs and it was a very naughty alpaca.  So far I have spun and plied 4 skeins which are around 25 to 40 yards each.  I need 300 yards to make the slippers since it is a bulky yarn.  It normally takes 600 yards of worsted weight held double. 


I like all the colors in it.  When I got the fiber, I thought it was so boring.  Just brown.  But there is so many different shades of brown, grey and white in it.  I really, really like it.

Want to see more works in progress?  Then check out Tami's Blog.

6 comments:

Karen said...

That is a great needle storage plan! I can't wait to see them finished.

Nicole said...

It's always nice to knit and have it count towards organizing isn't it?

msb (cleancup) said...

I love that about natural wools-- brown is never *just* brown!

Chrisknits said...

Can't wait to see them finished.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

All those lovely colours - they're going to look great felfted!

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

The cases sound great and look wonderful so far. I love the alpaca!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails