Friday, January 6, 2012

Finished Object Fridays: Rainbow Containers

I finished my little rainbow containers and felted them.  They are really cute but to keep them from tipping over I did have to put cardboard inside of them.  It ended up that the tall round one holds my short straight needles, the small one my 0-4 double points and the larger one my 5+ double points.  I will need to make a fourth container that is much larger and taller for my long straight needles.

Here they are:
This is pre-blocking which really helped to stiffen them up and before the cardboard was added.  This is what they look like now:

For the straights, I can just look at their tops to know what size they are but the double points are bundled with colorful hair bands and tags with their sizes.

Want to see more finished objects?  Then check out Tami's blog.

16 comments:

Karen said...

I love them! They look great.

Melissa Plank said...

Such pretty colors, your display of knitting needles makes me want to sit right down and start a project!
(Put the coffee on, I'll be right over, teehe)

Lindy said...

these are really cute. trying to felt is on my list of things to do! I love the colors.

Mami Dearest said...

Love the rainbow containers. Love anything rainbow :)

Minding My Own Stitches said...

So cute! I KNEW I was going to love them felted. You could put a plastic tumbler in the tall one, couldn't you?

Sam Findlay said...

These look great and so useful! Very clever!

Andria said...

Those are really cute! I love the rainbow, it makes them so cheerful and lovely to look at.

Voie de Vie said...

Love, love, love those little containers! They felted really well, and the color is super.

Voie de Vie said...

I love thos little containers! They felted really nicely, and the colors are great.

arianne said...

Loving the rainbow colors. I'll have to try to make some.

WonderWhyGal said...

Those worked out perfect! What I like best is that you made the containers that hold the knitting needles. How often we purchase things that we could easily craft ourselves.

Kathleen said...

Those look amazing all felted up, really nice work!

AllyB said...

Did you use self striping yarn or did you change the colors you were using to make the stripes? These are very pretty.

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks everyone. I striped the yarn myself. I used cascade 220 wool.

ElisabethAndrée said...

Your yarn is great, I admire you! Love those rainbow containers:)
Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. Have a great day!

Jocelyn said...

Knitted felted rainbow containers for your needles! Fantastic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails