Friday, January 27, 2012

Errol the Owl

Ok, the guesses are all in:

1--stuffed animal
1--a doll
1--a monkey
3--a bear
2--an owl

If you guessed an owl then you are correct.  When I finished my first handspun yarn, it was very much a slump yarn:

And we immediately thought of Errol the owl from Harry Potter.  That poor little owl is so tired and old and raggedy about the edges.  And my first handspun would be perfect for it.  Here he is:


I made little tuffs for the ears.  The wings are a bit raggedy and you can see where the yarn was very thin across his chest.  A close-up of the face:


I used coat buttons for eyes and some leftover sock yarn for the beak.  My younger daughter has adopted him.

Want to see more finished objects?  Then check out Tami's Blog.

11 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

oooh, his does look like Errol. LOVE IT! I made an owl for Brother Bear last year using some of my overspun Alpaca yarn. I tell ya, that wonky yarn is perfect for these little critters.

pinkundine said...

Aw, so cute! The yarn works perfectly for him :)

Nicole said...

You're right, that yarn was screaming to be made into that project. It was meant for it and it turned out so adorable!

Kathryn Ray said...

I really like the rustic-ness of your owl. :-)

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Such a cute face with the orange beek and button eyes!

Carlin said...

What a wonderful idea for your yarn! I love him!

Affiknitty said...

So much personality. It came out great!

Melissa Plank said...

Oh I am absolutely in love with your little owl, totally looks like his namesake! (P.S. Love your bun Sweetheart, she looks like a twin to my old bun Mrs. Wiggles, who was also a gigantic white rabbit.)

Kathleen said...

Oh, I love him! What an absolutely perfect use for your first handspun, he looks so soft and loved and wonderful!

trudi@maudeandme said...

Yeah I love your use of your homespun too. Perfect match!

Spinster Beth said...

Awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails