Wednesday, December 7, 2011

WIP Wednesday--Mittens & More

I've been working on a number of projects recently.  The big one is the frilly alpaca sweater:
It it made out of alpaca yarn and I've made a ruffled edge at the bottom and will add flowers and ruffles on the sleeves.

I've started spinning corridale wool in white:

I have 4 balls that are about 1 ounce each.  Each ball is being split into 4 parts that I will draft out and spin into fingering weight.  Then I am going to try and dye these rainbow with food coloring and then make a 2-ply yarn.  I should get 2 2 ounce skeins of 2-ply rainbow yarn to make some cute purses out of.

And for me I am finally using the socks that rock yarn that I won from Affiknitty last year and I am making myself some warm and colorful mittens and a hat to match.  So far:

I will do the fingers and start the decreases today.  I am hoping to have these done by Thursday evening so I can use them after work.  It is so cold when I get off work now that I want something toasty covering up my fingers.

Want to see more works in progress?  Then check out Tami's blog.

5 comments:

Mami Dearest said...

Love the colors of the mittens! I need to learn how to make mittens!

pinkundine said...

Love the yarn for your mittens, I think it is about time I started crating warm handwear as it is so cold!

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

I love the colors on the mittens!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

How sweet that the little one is willing to pose in an unfinished sweater with needles in the sleeve - my nephew looks horrified when I ask such things of him! The fit looks perfect!

CloseAcademy said...

She is the one that begs me the most to knit things for her so she puts up with me trying them on her as I knit along.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails