Wednesday, October 19, 2011

WIP Wednesday: Cheerful Purse

I work in a bakery part-time which is a fun job because I do get to be creative and I work with people who are interesting to talk to.  One of my co-workers has a roommate who recently went to Belgium and was pick-pocketed.  I have an upcoming trip out of the country and decided that I wanted to knit myself a fun and cheerful purse that was secure.

So I pulled out my Bernant felting wool.  This stuff is nice and thick and knits up so easily.  And started making this:

I am in the embellishment stage.  Currently, I am working on making I-chord flowers.  Two will be yellow with green buttons and one will be green with a yellow button and they will be sewn on with the lighter blue wool.  These will be on the back of the purse.  It fits perfectly over my head and across my chest.  I do need to find a zipper of the right length and will get one in yellow or pink.

Want to see more works in progress?  Then check out Tami's Blog.

5 comments:

pinkundine said...

Very cute, can't wait to see it with the flowers on :)

Amy said...

Aw I love the colors in the purse :) Beautiful yarn.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Good thinking - a small purse that can be slung over your shoulder! I'm looking forward to seeing the flowers. The buttons are so cute already!

RugbyMad said...

Love the purse. It's going to look so unique once finished. I love unique!

Karen said...

Lovely! I can't wait to see the embellishments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails