Wednesday, September 14, 2011

WIP Wednesday: The Shawl

We've been so busy with our new year of homeschool and my oldest daughter's online school that I missed WIP Wednesday last week.  It has really been hectic but I am impressed with Connections Academy.  The school is a lot of work and takes a lot of time (6 hours a day most days) but she is learning a lot. 

I have been knitting though.  And my shawl could be half done or almost done depending on if I want to end it with the fifth ball of ribbon or go for ten balls.  Want to see?

It falls to the middle of my back right now.  After a fifth ball, I think I will be able to have the ends meet easily over my shoulders.  I really like it.  It's all scrunchy and soft but a little scratchy on the edges.  I think it looks very elegant but looks better in person than in pictures.

Also, for those of you who didn't see Monday's post.  I am starting a small yarn farm.  We adopted a little German/Giant mix angora.  She is 8 weeks old and so fluffy.  We are calling her Princess Honey Bunny:


Here she wears her princess crown and surveys all she owns.  She loves her toys and is very playful.  The bite on her nose is almost gone but she has a few others that are healing more slowly.  Being the only girl amongst rough and tumble boys has made her a bit of a scrapper too.  In November, we will give her her first hair-cut.  Currently, I am trying to track down hand carders and am looking for an inexpensive spindle so I can learn to spin.

Want to see more works in progress?  Check out Tami's Blog.

7 comments:

pinkundine said...

Aw, that bunny looks so soft and fluffy!

Karen said...

Your bunny is so cute!
I just love your shawl. It's so pretty.

Alyssa said...

Ooohhh! A bite! I get it now! You know, you don't need to card an angora rabbit's wool. You can spin it right from the rabbit!

myhookandyarnadventure said...

That picture is to die for! So adorable!!!

Hazel said...

Your shawl is really good, I would say to knit some more until it feels really comfortable :)

And your bunny is very cute...and very very fluffy!!

Denise said...

Aw, the bunny is so cute I just want to cuddle her.

I read somewhere you can use those wire dog brushes for hand carders.

Sandy said...

Keep knitting and trying it on until it feels right. You're making good progress, keep up the good work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails