Wednesday, August 10, 2011

WIP Wednesday: Square Dance Socks

I have been working on the 2 at a time socks in square dance.  I hate this yarn!  But it is OK and I will finish them.  But this yarn is sort of hard and round and it hurts my fingers to knit it.  I am finishing up the gussets and will be starting the foot of these right now. 

They are doing a cute pattern and I like the colors.  The yarn itself feels soft and spongy.  I also got in my Harry Potter House stitch markers.  I am using the Gryffindor and Slytherin ones for this project. 

Want to see more works in progress?  Check out Tami's Blog.

12 comments:

pinkundine said...

Sorry you're not enjoying that yarn
:(

If I hate a yarn (pure cotton, I'm looking at you!) it can be a real struggle to work on the project at all, so I'm impressed with your progress :)

Calophi said...

It's always hard to finish a project when you hate the yarn. Keep at it!

SimonSimple said...

A pity that the yarn is misbehaving because they are looking lovely. Hopefully they are worth the effort! I think they will be.

Debbie said...

I admire all you people who knit 2 socks at a time. I'm just not there yet.

Sarah (Crafts From The Cwtch) said...

I agree. I find it hard to be motivated if I don't like the yarn but they are looking really pretty.

paula said...

Boo for yucky yarn, but yay for cute socks! Glad to hear you're on the downhill slope with these. I think your next project should involve some deliciously soft yarn. Just saying. :)

geeky Heather said...

I love the stitch markers!!! Hopefully they'll make the project a little less painful....

Karen said...

I think your socks are very pretty. I've had that I hate the yarn feeling and I often just fling it aside and move on. Good for you for keeping on.

Kathleen said...

Sorry you're hating the yarn, but at least it looks really pretty? (And yay for HP stitch markers, too! :D)

RugbyMad said...

Sorry about the yarn. I have had a similar experience this week. There is nothing worse.

Hope they are done soon and you can move onto better things.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Great stitch markers! Sorry about the yarn, but sometimes the resulting socks are surprisingly comfortable!

Denise said...

The socks look cute. The pair of socks I have two at a time on two circs makes my wrists hurt when I work on them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails