Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WIP Wednesday: My New Ballwinder

I have a few projects that I have been working on this week.  There are the socks:
I have about an inch more to go and then I can do the toe decreases.  This yarn is going OK but I can only work it for a little bit at a time because it hurts my fingers.

Then because I wanted to do something quick and easy, I started on my younger daughter's owl purse:

I looked at pictures and counted out the stitches to make the cabled owl pattern.  She wanted a red purse and so it wasn't too much, I added the homespun for the flap.  It will close with an owl button and have a tassel.

But the big news is that I finally got a ball winder and I can now turn all of my yarn into nice little uniform cakes:

See that messy skein?  Well, we won't have anymore of that.  All of my yarn will be in nice little center-pull cakes like I like them.  So all my sock yarn will be workable from both ends so I can do 2-at-a-time socks.

Want to see more works in progress?  Check out Tami's Blog.

11 comments:

pinkundine said...

Excellent progress on the socks, and I am very jealous of your new ball winder, I keep hinting that I want one... Maybe for Christmas ;)

Nicky said...

I really like your WIPs especially the purse.

And thanks for reminding me that I need a new ball winder ... LOL!!!! I have a skein of yarn that I need to go untangle then wind ... not looking forward to that at all.

Carole said...

I love my ball winder - I got mine second hand from Ebay and it does the job perfectly. I love making yarn cakes :)

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Cute purse! I love the little owl motif! Two-at-a-time socks - of course, THAT'S WHY everyone wants centre pull yarn cakes!

RugbyMad said...

The purse is super cute.

I want a ball winder. I need a ball winder. Bank Manager needs to get me a ball winder for Christmas! Putting it on my letter to Santa now.

geeky Heather said...

I love love love my ballwinder!!

Cute owl purse!

Denise said...

The purse is cute. Lucky you getting a ball winder. I'm my own ball winder here. :)

paula said...

Yay for owls! And ball winders! And 2 at a time socks (I *really* need to learn how to do that)! Now, I have a sudden urge to go wind yarn...

Alyssa said...

Hey, I just got a ball winder last week, and it looks just like that one but a slightly different color! Maybe we should start a club.

Frieda said...

The purse is adorable , love the colours and the owl motif !

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

I love my ball winder too. Hard to remember life before it fondly ;).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails