Wednesday, August 3, 2011

WIP Wednesday: Boucle Hat & 2 at a Time Socks

I have two projects going this week.  I couldn't resist the cheap blue boucle yarn I picked up at Goodwill for .49.  It wanted me to make a hat and matching fingerless mittens.  So I started on the hat:

I am just making it up as I go.  I used size 9 needles to do the ribbing and am knitting the rest with size 10.  I made the flower out of some other yarn that I had. It is a simple I-chord sewn together in the shape of a flower and then I have a wooden button as the center.  I found the pattern for this flower in:


Yes, I am starting to get fancy.  A little bit. I really wanted to make the cabbage rose but I didn't have enough yarn for that one. 

And I am attempting my first set of two at a time socks on the magic loop. 
I am using a discontinued yarn from Knit Picks called Dancing and this color is square dance.  My youngest daughter loved this yarn and so these are her socks.  To help me get started I went to YouTube and found this helpful video:


It really helped me get the socks started.

If you want to see more works in progress then check out Tami's Blog.

9 comments:

Sam Findlay said...

Gorgeous hat! The flower is lovely!

pinkundine said...

Love your icord flower, I've not seen that done before but it's so pretty :)

RugbyMad said...

That flower is really sweet and can see it on lots of my things! Also a good way of me learning how to make an icord!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Very nice touch, that little flower! Good luck with your socks; I've never tried two-at-a-time but maybe I should!

SimonSimple said...

The hat is looking really nice. The flower is a great addition. The socks look to be coming along very well and congrats for your first two socks at a time.

Thank you for sharing and the helpful links.

Kathleen said...

Love the hat, that flower is beautiful! And the yarn you're using for those socks is great.

geeky Heather said...

I love the flower!

Oooo, I love Dancing! I made a pair of Pomatomus (I am sure I spelled that wrong) socks from that yarn. Aren't you excited you'll have TWO socks done when you get to the end?

Calophi said...

That flower is awesome. :)

I've never used Dancing. I'm sort of sad I will never get to use it unless I buy someone's stash.

Spinster Beth said...

I love that I-cord flower ... I never would have thought of that. (knitting I-cord makes me feel psychotic, though...)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails