Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wednesday WIP: Kimono Ribbon Shawl

I've started a new project.  Along with my order for my ball winder from knitpicks, I also ordered some longer cables for my interchangeable needles.  So that I could make a shawl.  This yarn is called Kimono ribbon:
It is so soft and silky even though it is made of rayon.  I need to have it done in 4 weeks though so I can wear it to the annual banquet for my husband's work.

And I am still working on the socks.  I am ready to do toe decreases:

But I now have incentive.  I bought some really nice yarn for making socks and I can't wait to try them out but I have to finish this pair first.

Want to see more works in progress?  Check out Tami's Blog.

5 comments:

RugbyMad said...

The Kimono silk looks beautiful, such pretty colours. I am sure you will get it finished well before you need to.

Well done on getting to what I think is the second last hurdle of the socks, and love the incentive you got yourself, nothing shouts knit quicker than new yarn.

pinkundine said...

That ribbon yarn looks really interesting. Love the colours :)

Hope you finish your socks quickly so you can enjoy your new yarn too!

Nicky said...

That ribbon yarn is beautiful. Reminds me of a Noro colour combo.

geeky Heather said...

Cool ribbon yarn! I can't wait to see what the shawl looks like.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Awesome the way the sock colours are pooling!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails