Friday, August 26, 2011

Finished Object Friday: Owl Purse

I finished the owl purse for my youngest daughter.  It turned out really cute. I used homespun for the flap and tassel and also to outline the owl on the back. 

I used cascade 220 wool for the main yarn.  The owl button was the inspiration for the purse.  We added the zipper pull to the tassel to add a little something else.  She wanted a shorter strap but can still wear it across her chest.


On the back, I did the cabled owl.  We used tiny buttons for the eyes and I used needlepoint yarn to sew them on. 

She loves this purse and has filled it full of her owl treasures.  A love of owls was inspired by the Harry Potter books.

Want to see more finished objects?  Check out Tami's blog.

11 comments:

Keri said...

That is soooo cute. Is it your own pattern or do you have a link for it?

Liz said...

That is gorgeous! I love owls too <3

Sam Findlay said...

This little purse is very sweet! Love it!

witchyknits4ewe said...

That is super cute!! I love the button - I can see how that was the inspiration!

RugbyMad said...

So pretty. I love making bags, they are so satisfying and you can play around with stitches and finishes.

itstartedwithruby said...

aww so cute - i love owls too!

CloseAcademy said...

It is my pattern that I made up as I went along. I looked at pictures of elements I wanted, counted stitches and sketched what I wanted it to look like.

Thanks for stopping by.

FoFo said...

Very cute!

Karen said...

The purse is so cute!

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

That owl button is a fabulous touch!

erin said...

I love the purse, and especially the way you outlined the owl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails