Friday, August 5, 2011

Finished Object Friday: Orange Socks & Blue Hat

I have two finished projects to share this week.  The first is my first pair of socks made with the magic loop method.  I did these one at a time and used Ann Budd's pattern for Undulating Rib socks.  The yarn is Knit Picks stroll and the color is hearth.

They each turned out a little different.  One is knit more loosely and the other tighter.  One has the pattern going almost to the end of the toes while the other I stopped it a little sooner.

I like them and they are the first pair that I have knit to fit me.  The other four pairs of socks I have made were for my daughters.

And the hat, I created is finished.  I am so happy with it.

It was knit with Red Heart homespun not boucle.  I checked out the cheap yarns at Walmart and tracked it down.  It is very soft and I love the color.  Here is what it looks like on a head:
I really like the flower and am looking forward to exploring more fancy embellishments.

Want to see more finished objects?  Check out Tami's Blog.

9 comments:

RugbyMad said...

The hat is stunning! Love the photo, made me laugh!

Your socks are beautiful and can't see the difference between them.

witchyknits4ewe said...

The socks look fabulous!!! I love the colorway - don't worry about them being slightly different, that's the beauty of hand-made. The hat looks great too - Homespun is awesome - soft and machine washable - gotta love it!!

Jaba --- Its Bonhomie said...

wow .. Madam ..its very magnificent ... jaba from India(NORTHEAST).. hope to see more ...

Karen said...

Your hat and socks are great!

Alyssa said...

WOW! I love the socks! Definitely adding that pattern to my rav queue :)

Liz said...

Awesome hat! I love the flower on it too.

Calophi said...

I like the texture on the socks! If i don't knit my socks 2 at a time, they come out different sizes, too. Alas, and such!

Sam Findlay said...

Great socks! The hat is amazing I just love the shape and the flower detail!

Kathleen said...

Love the hat, and I'm glad those socks are made to fit you, because they're fantastic! The colour and texture look so cozy and fall-esque.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails