Wednesday, July 27, 2011

WIP Wednesday: Magic Loop Socks

I am knitting my first pair of socks using the magic loop method and I have to say that it is a time saver.  The socks are going so quickly and there are none of those unsightly ladders.  I am using Knitpicks Stroll in hearth and using the undulating rib pattern by Amy Budd.  Wanna see?

I started the top of the first sock a bit loosely but I think they will be nice and they do fit me.  I really liked being able to try on the socks as I go.  Magic loop and socks go together for me from now on.

Want to see more works in progress?  Check out Tami's Blog.

10 comments:

pinkundine said...

Heh, cool, my post is also about my first magic loop socks ;) I like the ability to try on during the knitting too! Love the colours you're using

Christine said...

Magic loop is the only way I can knit in the round now!

The socks look great!

Calophi said...

I definitely prefer magic loop for socks. In fact, most of the time I knit socks two at a time that way because otherwise I end up with one sock smaller than the other, haha!

RugbyMad said...

I don't knit socks so have no useful comments.

But your socks look awesome!

Paula said...

I love magic loop for trying on - mitts, sleeves, you name it :o)

Gorgeous colour too!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Please send me all your teeny tiny dpns :)) No magic loop for me; it's DPNs all the way.

Nice variegation in the yarn!

geeky Heather said...

Yep, all magic loop, all the time here as well! Now you just need to do two socks at once on magic loop. =) No more second sock syndrome!!

Tami Klockau said...

Great progress! I only do magic loop and (confession time) don't even know how to use DPNs!! I love love love the magic loop and use it exclusively.

Vivianne said...

That's just right in my favorite color group ...I love those warm colors :-)

CraftyClare said...

Magic loop is my new found love too - bye bye dpns!!! Another great knitpicks colourway - really must get myself some from their range x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails