Wednesday, July 20, 2011

WIP Wednesday: Card Holder

Now, that the summer purse is done, I want to make some matching accessories.  First up is a card holder:

I came up with the idea from scratch.  When the entire set is done, I am thinking about typing it all up and making it available on pdf.  Is that something anyone would want?

Also, I continue to work on my palette shawl.  I've made mistakes and now the newer squares are smaller than the first ones I did.  But here it is:


I made that pink square too short.  I may have to do something different as I go along to make it all look like it goes.

Want to see more works in progress?  Check out Tami's Blog.

7 comments:

Sam Findlay said...

Love the idea of a knitted card holder! What other accessories where you thinking about making?

RugbyMad said...

Only you can see that mistake. When you carry on I'm sure you won't notice it anymore.

The accessories are a clever idea.

pinkundine said...

I quite like the different sizes on the blanket... Maybe making some larger blocks too would make it look like none are supposed to match?

geeky Heather said...

I love the texture on the card holder!

Trisha said...

I really like the colors for the shawl, can't wait to see it finished. =)

Tami Klockau said...

I would SO love the pattern for the business card holder! Right now I have a stack stuffed into my wallet, but it just makes it so bulky. It looks great.

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks for stopping by.

On the blanket, I am thinking about making the next "row" of blocks different size/shapes.

For accessories, I made the card holder and a change purse so far. Maybe an Ipod holder or a phone cover? Eyeglass case? I'm writing down what I am doing as I go and am thinking of making it a whole set of patterns.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails