Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wednesday WIP: Summer Purse

I usually like to carry a straw purse in the summer months but they always end up dying on me before summer is over.  So this year I am making a purse out of cotton yarn for summer.  Here is what it looks like so far:

I am making up the pattern as I go along.  I like how this yarn made these funky stripes on the body of the bag.  It will have a large flap and a wide strap to carry it with.  Almost like a messenger bag.

Check out more works in progress at Tami's Blog.

7 comments:

pinkundine said...

Cool, I love how the yarn is patterning itself, it looks fab ;)

Sam Findlay said...

I love the yarn, looking forward to seeing it finished!

Paula said...

Looks interesting, can't wait to see it finished!

Affiknitty said...

Looks like a good example of pooling!

Christina said...

The pattern that is developing is very cool. I can't wait to see the final product :)

CraftyClare said...

I love yarns that pool - its fascinating watching a yarn pattern itself x

Tami Klockau said...

I love how the yarn is pooling! Very cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails