Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Trying New Techniques

I have 200 5 yard bundles in 100 different colors of the palette yarn from Knitpicks.  My mom bought into one of the sampler co-ops on Ravelry in hopes that she could use them to make all sorts of colorful crochet squares.  But she doesn't like fingering weight yarn.  So she gave them all to me.

What am I going to do with all these little bundles of yarn?  What can I do with all of them?  They are feltable.  I could do Faire Isle knitting?



But, I would have to drag a pattern around with me after deciding on one and picking two colors for each row or so.  It would be a lot to put this together.  So I was thinking:  Entrelac?

But this looks like it would take a lot of yarn of one color and I want each square/triangle to be a different color.  I want to make a shawl with the bulk of the yarn and I don't have long cables for my interchangeable needles yet.    Then I thought about:  modular knitting?

I have a book on it but I can't find any helpful videos.  It is basically knitting squares or triangles or other shapes and having them eventually evolve into something.  I think I am going to research this a bit more.

What do you think?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails