Friday, July 1, 2011

FO Friday: Grape Sweater

It is done.  The mystery yarn sweater in the mock-mohair and grape coloring is finished.  It is super soft and my daughter really likes it.  Want to see?

My girls found a couple of old Harry Potter puzzles at Goodwill yesterday and they are in the middle of  putting them together in my picture-taking spot.  Lol.   But there it is.  The neckline and bottom have the same amount of ribbing but I did the sleeves a bit deeper because I thought it would give it character.

It was a bit of a chore to make because I had to figure out needle sizes and such.  The neckline was ripped out three times before it was right and I had to rip out all of the work I did on Wednesday on one of the sleeves (about 6 inches) and redo it yesterday.

I have enough yarn left over to make a matching hat and gloves.

Want to see more finished objects?  Check out Tami's blog.

6 comments:

Calophi said...

It turned out great! I like the longer ribbing on the sleeves. It definitely looks more interesting than if you had left all the ribbing the same.

pinkundine said...

Gorgeous :) Love that shape neckline, and I bet it is the most wonderfully soft and snuggly sweater!

Cindie said...

Lovely! So unique and beautiful.

Affiknitty said...

It turned out really well! It's so nice that you always have appreciative recipients for your knitting!

Kathleen said...

I'm glad your daughter likes the sweater---I love it and totally want one. The colour is nice and soft, and the ribbing looks fantastic. (Making it deeper on the sleeves was a really good choice, too.)

Tami Klockau said...

It turned out sooo good. I bet your daughter can't wait for it to get cold so she can wear it now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails