Friday, July 8, 2011

FO Friday: Felted Notions Bag

As many of you may remember, last October, I started planning on making a felted project bag in rainbow.  By February I had tracked down all the yarn in Cascade 220 and made this bag:

I've since entered this bag in the fair and I will let you know how it all turns out.  But you know, having a project bag is not enough.  You really need a notions bag as well to keep all those small items such as yarn needles, tape measure, cable needles, etc. in.  I've been using a plastic baggie but it has all sorts of holes poked in it.  And I finally took the time to make a notions bag to match:


Isn't it cute?  I started at the top with red and did 5 rows of each color in the round then did that Kitchener stitch at the bottom.  After felting I sewed in a nice little zipper.

I picked up a whole bunch of old zippers from Goodwill for $2.  I think it turned out just like I needed it to be.  Everything fits nicely.

Want to see more Finished objects?  Then check out Tami's blog.

12 comments:

pinkundine said...

Very cute :) Love the colours and how happy it looks!

Calophi said...

I love both of those bags! Is it hard to sew in a zipper?

CloseAcademy said...

Zippers aren't too bad. I turned the bag inside out, pinned in the zipper, unzipped it to give me more room and then sewed it on.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sandy said...

It turned out perfect. Love the design, and the pretty colors. The notions bag is a great addition. Well done!

Trisha said...

Very cute, love the colors!

Chrisknits said...

Very cute!

Paula said...

Beautiful! And so sunny, perfect pick-me-up :o)

Affiknitty said...

Very cute, It's nice to have it match the project bag.

Tami Klockau said...

I love love love the notions bag! Good luck at the fair!

RugbyMad said...

Love your bag! I am such a bagwhore! I have never felted. We don't get much in the way of wool yarn here and when we do it's expensive. Also I have to admit I am scared that I will stuff it up!

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks everyone. I've been trying to leave comments on other blogs but my google account is messing up and just circles.

Cindie said...

Wow, great job! Can you say ETSY?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails