Friday, July 15, 2011

Finished Object Friday: Summer Purse

I finished my summer purse.  I am going to have to reinforce it though because it stretches a lot.  I think I just have too much to carry.  Here are some pictures:

I like the way the different stitches made different pooling designs with the yarn.  The moss stitch and garter stitch scatter the colors while the knit stitch makes this pretty design.


My feathers and fan didn't turn out great but I think the buttons go well.  The straps ended up being striped nicely. 

I am really happy with this project and will be making a change purse and card holder to go with it.

Want to see more finished objects?  Check out Tami's Blog.

7 comments:

pinkundine said...

I love the different ways the yarn knitted up, that's really cool :) Maybe lining it would help avoid the stretching?

RugbyMad said...

Love the way the yarn changes as the stitch type does!

Love this pattern it's definitely going on my list to do!

Kathleen said...

I'm with you on the colour-pooling love, the yarn worked up really wonderfully and it's intriguing to see the way the different stitches created different pooling patterns! I love the buttons, too.

Sam Findlay said...

A very cute little bag!

Sandy said...

Nice colors, how do you plan to reinforce it? Are you going to line it? Is it wool, that you could felt it to make it stronger?

Affiknitty said...

I agree about the mix of color and texture working out well, and I think your feather and fan edge looks just fine too. Nice job on the bag!

CloseAcademy said...

It is cotton. To reinforce it, I am looking at using cotton and line it with cloth. Also, so that the strap doesn't stretch so the bag hangs to my knees I may get a clip to adjust it.

Thanks for stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails