Wednesday, June 1, 2011

WIP Wednesday: Peach Sweater

I am making my first sweater.  I've learned not to waste good yarn when you make a complicated project for the first time so I am using some recycled peach acrylic yarn.  This sweater will fit my youngest daughter when it is done.  Want to see so far?

I used a pattern as a guide to get started and then sort of took off on my own.  I keep measuring it against my daughter to make sure that things are where I need them to be.  It has a wide neck hole and once we got past the top, I am doing  it in a 3 by 1 ribbing for the body just to give it some texture.  The sleeves as you can tell by my waste yarn will be picked up and knit into the sweater once the body is finished.  It is going rather quickly (2 days work) and I hope to make a sweater out of my nice yarn soon.

Want to see other works in progress?  Check out Tami's Blog.

12 comments:

Amanda, the Head Nut said...

You keep setting the bar higher and higher. Good job! :)

Sandy said...

Wonderful color. When you say re-cycled, did you rip apart something to reuse the yarn?

Wendy said...

That is a really pretty shade of peach. I like it very much. Here's hoping your knitting goes smoothly. :3

Carole said...

Gosh, two days work! That's impressive.

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks. Yes, my mom brought over a hand-knitted skirt in this peach and I pulled it apart and rolled it in balls to knit something we would actually use.

pinkundine said...

Good luck with your first sweater - looks like you're doing a fantastic job :)

Kathleen said...

This looks amazing so far, you do such beautiful knitting. I think you'll be making sweaters with the Good Yarn in the blink of an eye.

Affiknitty said...

Awesome start on your first sweater! I'm impressed that you are partially winging it with the pattern. I look forward to seeing it finished.

Vivianne said...

Peach is one of my favorite colors; but I'd stitch some flowers or something on it when you're done: she'll love the girly touch :)

Cindie said...

Wow, Christy, so inspiring!

Tami Klockau said...

Wow, that's TWO DAYS OF KNITTING!? You're fast! It looks great so far. I can't wait to start my first sweater!

paraluman said...

hi! like your blog! keep it up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails