Thursday, June 30, 2011

Organizing My Mom's Quliting Supplies Part 1

My mom collects everything including numerous hobbies over the years.  Currently, she is wanting to do a home improvement project but needs to have her stuff sorted, organized and put away.  So she is having me do the job for her.  We are starting with her quilting supplies first as her fabric needs to be moved out of her basement and into the quilting room so that the craft area can be organized so that the electrician can get to her breaker box.

So one thing I started with was her quilting blocks.  I sorted them by size and then by color.  Different sizes had different amounts and we decided to use different clear boxes to keep them in.

Sandwich or kitchen storage boxes work great for quilting squares as does decorative boxes.  These are her 2 inch, 3 inch and 4 and a half inch squares.

She had a lot of 4 inch squares so we used a larger storage box for those:

You can see where I sorted the squares by color for easy use.  I started with red, pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, then did brown, white, black and multi-colored.  This should make it easier for her to add in new squares as well as find what she wants to use.

As I work on this project, I will share more pictures.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails