Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WIP Wednesday: Baby Kimono

I won some wonderful yarn from Crystal Palace Yarns blog for my "It's All About Me" project in March.  It is their new Cotton Twirl yarn and I won 3 skeins in green:


It is a very soft cotton.  And so because a friend of mine recently made a little announcement and I thought it would be good practice, I decided to make a baby kimono:

I am almost done with the first side of the front.  It is all knit in one piece and then I go back and finish up the other arm and front side.  It's a pretty color that would be nice for a boy or a girl. 

Want to see other works in progress then check out Tami's Blog.

7 comments:

Nicky said...

I love it already!!!!! Congrats to your friend.

pinkundine said...

That really is a pretty colour :) I wish I had some friends with announcements, baby clothes look so satisfying to knit!

Jo said...

Fab colours. Lovely pattern too, I'm sure your friend will be delighted!

Tami Klockau said...

That is going to be perfect! I love the colors, pretty yet subtle, and you like said will be great for a boy or girl. Would you use the yarn again?

Affiknitty said...

How nice to put your winnings to such good use right away!

Calophi said...

Heh, love how you can tell how well-used your knitting needles are. They're all bent. =D I have a pair of 1s like that somewhere.

autumngeisha said...

Congrats on winning the yarn. The baby kimono is adorable. It looks like a lot of fun to knit up, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails