Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday Morning

I've taken some time to reorient myself.  Some time to reflect, plan and get over the things that really drug me down this winter.  I am feeling much better now and would have to say that this year was not so good.

Where are we now?

I am starting to feel more focused.  Life is what it is and I can only accept it and there is little I can do to change things that are not within my power to change.

As for homeschooling, we continue to plug along.  Our line-up includes

Oak Meadow 3 & 6
Rod and Staff math
Scott-Forseman free language arts worksheets
4-H projects
Famous Men of Greece
Lively Latin 

My girls are still in the midst of Harry Potter mania and I've brought back Latin since all of the spells in the books are based on them.  Sneaky, aren't I?

I continue to knit and will post some of my finished objects in the weeks to come.  I've been very silent online and have only been reading e-mail, facebook and fan-fiction right now.  In the coming weeks, I may start to read forums again.

I hope everyone has a good Monday.

2 comments:

Cindie said...

If you don't mind, what was so hard about this school year? I am trying to make it less complicated so we don't get overwhelmed. It's nice to hear from someone who has been there, done that and still sometimes struggles.

Thanks for all your encouragement!

Illya Gonzalez said...

What have you started to plan for 4th grade?
I'm asking because we are finishing up OM 3rd grade, along with Math U See Delta (which we began 2 months ago after Gamma), and Daily grams (finishing up 3rd grade).
I plan to start OM 4th grade at the end of August.
Thanks,
Illya

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails