Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday WIP: Wand Holders

With the Harry Potter craze going on around me, I have been busy making my own girls and their friends wand holders.  These take about a day to make at a leisurely pace.  Would probably only take an hour or two if I wanted to just focus and knit instead of knitting while I read.  Here are some finished ones:

And the one I am currently working on:

This is a pattern I created myself.  I didn't care for the pattern in the Charmed Knits book, so decided to do my own thing.  In person they look best in the fuzzier type yarns than the flat yarns.

Want to see more works in progress?  Then check out Tami's Blog.

8 comments:

Charlotte said...

They look great! And would also work well for needle cases ;D Would you be able to post the pattern? x

Carole said...

I love the fuzzy orange one - what a great idea!

Kathleen said...

I love them! I like them in both flat and fuzzy yarns, I especially like the sort of blues-and-greens one that's second from the left. I'm in a bit of a Harry Potter mood myself, recently, I made a crocheted golden snitch the other night. :)

littleredcraftingcorner said...

wow they are so cute!! I have a pal who would love these :-P

Karen said...

What a great idea! I bet the kids love them.

Sandy said...

I'm not into Harry Potter so the wand thing eludes me. What will the kids do with them? Like the variety of your color chooses. Tiny DP's....yikes, are those a pain to work with?
sandy

Tami Klockau said...

Adorable! Being a HP geek, I yearn for one of these. LOL If you're ever in Los Angeles, there is an amazing store (they also have an online shop!) called Whimsic Alley. They carry EVERYTHING HP and the store is set up and looks like Diagon Alley. It's amazing...like seriously amazing. I want to live there. You can have parties there and they put on events in a room that looks exactly like the great hall. Check out their site: http://www.whimsicalley.com/

Denise said...

Very cute. Not into Harry Potter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails