Wednesday, March 30, 2011

WIP Wednesday: Sasaulito Mittens

Last week, I won a contest on Ravelry for the Crystal Palace Yarns group.  They had a thread about their new yarn line and would draw a name for every 10 people who entered.  I won two balls of Sausalito in Mediterranean.

So what should I do with this beautiful yarn?  I decided to make the mittens I have always wanted.  I need them since all of my store bought ones have holes in them.  And I wanted them to be pretty.  So I went to the Crystal Palace website and went through their patterns for this weight of yarn and found Sausalito Fingerless Gloves.

Here is my first glove:
This is my first time doing cables on a project.  I tried them out one time on a square.  What do you think?  I'm loving this yarn and the pattern is fairly simple once you have it down.  I am still undecided over whether I will make them mittens, gloves or leave them fingerless.  What do you think?

Want to check out more works in progress?  Then take a look at Tami's blog.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Congrats on your winnings. AWESOME colorway, and your start is looking great. Nice cable!

Sandy

nursenikkiknits said...

What do I think?? I think it looks amazing. The yarn is so pretty and is knitting up beautifully with those gorgeous cables. My vote would be for fingerless or full mittens (I'm kind of leaning towards fingerless, which is unusual for me).
I also think you are going to have quite a lot of yarn left. What else are you going to make?

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks. I am also planning a hat but I want to get another skein of yarn in a color that goes with this one.

Tami Klockau said...

Congrats on winning such amazing yarn! I can't believe this is your first time doing cables on a project. They look perfect.

LladyLlamaFiberCo said...

Love the yarn, soo pretty! The cables look great, but then again I'm a sucker for cables. :) I love mittens personally, but that's because they keep your hands warmer since your fingers aren't separated. If you plan on being really active while you wear them, then gloves are probably best tho.

Marushka C. said...

That's a very pretty yarn -- I like how the stripes are working with the cables! Lucky you to win a contest and have it be a prize that's so lovely. I'm a fan of fingerless gloves these days, but it's not that cold here in the winters so I'm probably not a good one to give advice :-)

Ginny said...

Beautiful mittens and cables, especially love the colours of the yarn.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails