Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WIP Wednesday: Gryffindor Scarf

I have been knitting a lot lately.  Over the course of the last three weeks I have finished a large felted purse, a towel, a hat, fingerless mittens and most of a Gryffindor scarf.  Want to see how the scarf is turning out?

I am on the 14th of 19 stripes.  It is going quickly but I do have to say that I don't care for the cheap circular needles that I bought from China.  After a while the wood starts to hurt my fingers and by the half way mark one of the needles was starting to break off.  I taped it up but that makes it awkward now.

Why am I knitting so much?  It is dreary outside.

Want to see more works in progress?  Then check out Tami's blog.

8 comments:

Riceball Mommy said...

I just started knitting, so far I've just been working on one scarf. It's my first scarf and I'm excited. I want to make a Gryffindor scarf, but I'm going to wait until I finish all the projects in my beginners project book.

Sandy said...

Wow, you have been knitting alot lately. Are you knitting instead of sleeping? lol

The scarf colors remind me of school colors. Very nice
Sandy
WIP

Affiknitty said...

Your making a lot of progress! Knitting is getting me through the dreary weather too. : )

Kathleen said...

The scarf looks so warm, and I love the Gryffindor colours.

It's dreary here today, too. I'm going to have to work on my projects with lighter-coloured yarn.

Kathleen said...

The scarf looks so warm, and I love the Gryffindor colours.

It's dreary here today, too. I'm going to have to work on my projects with lighter-coloured yarn.

Marushka C. said...

Your scarf looks terrific. I know what you mean about cheap needles... I now use mostly Knit Picks needles and they are much easier on my hands.

paula said...

I am always sorely tempted to buy cheap needles. And then I remember... and I dig a little deeper in the wallet. I've never regretted it. Regardless, your scarf is looking great!

Tami Klockau said...

WOW, you've been busy! I can't wait to see all of those finished projects! The scarf looks great. Sorry to hear about the crappy needles though. So frustrating.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails