Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WIP Wednesday: Easter Egg Purse

I have a new project to show you.  On Sunday, I cast on what I had named my "Spring purse."  It is another felted purse but it uses wool and novelty yarn.  The pattern I am using is stained-glass-felted-bag.  Although my looks more like an Easter egg.  Here are some pictures:

The "right" side, which doesn't have as much fun fur being pulled through.


The "wrong" side which is probably the side I will show to the world once it is done.

See what I mean?  It is all glittery and shiny and the colors are so pastel.  But it will be a fun bag to carry for spring time.  I am using up some of my supply of fun fur that my mom picked up years ago as well as the Bernant felting wool that I recently picked up in five different shades.

Want to see more works in progress?  Then check out Tami's Blog.

7 comments:

Vicki said...

ooh such a cute spring bag, really nice!! xx

Sandy said...

Nice colors, will be fun to see how this ends up after being felted. Things always look so different afterwards. Been awhile since I've felted anything, never seem to know how much bigger to make something as one never knows how much it will shrink during the felting process. Good luck on your project.

Popped over from WIPW
Sandy

Tami Klockau said...

The bag is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it finished. It's funny, one of the girls in my crochet meetup used a fun fur type yarn and the wrong side was much fuzzier too! Hmm, go figure.

Kerry said...

It certainly made me think of spring which thankfully is just around the corner.

Marushka C. said...

What a fun bag! I can't to see it when it's felted.

autumngeisha said...

What a fun pattern! I love the pastel colors. They're just perfect for Spring.

Unforth said...

lol, I was going to write almost exactly what autumngeisha wrote. Love the colors, they are very Easter! :) Makes me want to dye eggs...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails