Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Books on Sweater Knitting

While I was knitting my last towel in the Plymouth Yarn Fantasy Natural yarn, I just knew that this yarn would make a beautiful cardigan to wear on chilly days.  It knits nicely.  It's cotton so not too warm and it comes in just gorgeous colors.  So I ordered the yarn this past week and have checked out a number of books on top-down and seamless knitted sweaters. 

This one is good.  It talks about set in sleeves and such.  Basically, it tells you how to make it so that you don't have to sew the sleeves to the sides of the sweater.  You just pick up the stitches around the armhole and go at it.  It all looks very interesting.

This one has a lot of neat ideas and very pretty sweaters.  I plan on making a "test" sweater for my youngest daughter before making my own.  I will probably use one of the patterns in here to make hers.

This is a really cool book.  The top half is different bodies that you can knit and the bottom is sleeves and collars.  I have found a lot of really neat ideas in this one and may use it for the second sweater for my older daughter.

There are some really neat books out there on sweater making.  Now, I just have to figure out what I want to make for myself.  Enjoy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails