Wednesday, February 9, 2011

WIP Wednesday--Undulating Rib Socks

As promised, I finally cast on last Wednesday night the Alpaca with a Twist Socrates yarn.  We had decided on the Undulating rib pattern and this is what I have done so far:
I am working on the toe decrease.  This yarn is wonderful to work with.  It is so soft and silky.  But there for a while I thought I might be allergic but it was just the cold weather front moving through so there is more socrates in our future.  Want to see what it looks like on the foot?


I love the way the thick and thin alternates.  It looks like a really hard or intricate pattern, even looking at the chart but it was super simple easy--as long as you remember to keep track of your rows.  I love this pattern and will use it again.

I also cast on a cotton towel for my dryer top.  My last dryer was always getting so dirty covered in detergent, lint, etc.  That this time, I am making three bright colorful towels for it to keep it clean and protected.  The first one is done in the moss stitch pattern from:

I just love this book. It is so much fun to read and so many pretty things inside.  So here is the beginning of the first towel in Lily Sugar and Cream:

I also finished knitting my wallet/change purse but now I have to decide if I want to felt it or just put a zipper in and be done.  Here it is:

Looking for more works in progress?  Then check out Tami's blog.

8 comments:

mysmallplace said...

Love the pattern! Way to intricate knitting for me but it looks great!

Countess Ablaze said...

Gorgeous socks. They look lovely and warm.

Tami Klockau said...

I love those socks!!!!!!!!!!

What a brilliant idea for the washer/dryer top! Mine is the same way, always getting gross.

Marushka C. said...

I have that same shade of the Lily yarn -- I have been happily surprised by how many non-pastel colors they're using these days.

I love those socks and wish I had some Alpaca with a Twist. (Must remember yarn diet, must remember yarn diet...)

Denise said...

Love your socks.

WonderWhyGal said...

The socks are gorgeous!

I like your change purse. I vote to leave it as it is. I think if you knit it then keep it knit. If you felt it then it's meant to be felted.

Amanda, the Head Nut said...

Look at how beautiful those socks are! You've come a long way from knitting squares of yarn. All that practice sure paid off. :)

suddenexpression said...

The socks look great! So glad you aren't allergic to the yarn. It would be a shame to be allergic to good yarn!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails