Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WIP Wednesday: Pre-Felted Bag

My rainbow project bag is done.  Do you want to see it in its pre-felted state?

So short rowed stripes to make a circular bottom, thick stripes for the body, moss stitched 1/2 way through flap, intarisa 8 by 8 ribbing stripes and button holes to finish the flap and topped off with braided I-cords in warm and cool colors for straps.  I love it!  It measures 31 inches around and 14 1/2 inches tall without the flap and with the bottom flat before felting.  On Friday, I will post the finished project, which by the way is going out and about with me today.

I have also started working on a felted wallet to match my shades of blue felted bag.  The wallet will hold my money and later I plan to make anther matching card holder.  Here is the start of that wallet:


I just love Debbie Bliss soho.  It is a bit scratchy as I knit it but it felts up so nice and tight.  I haven't forgotten the Alpaca socks either.  In fact I have frogged it twice off different needles and have just restarted it and have 2 rows done.  I poured over a number of sock pattern books and decided to use Undulating Rib by Ann Budd from the book:


Looking for more WIP posts then go to Tami's Blog.

6 comments:

CraftyCripple said...

I love soho for felting with. It softens all the colour changes and makes a great fabric.

Tami Klockau said...

The bag looks great! I can't wait to see it felted on Friday!

Marushka C. said...

The bag looks terrific. I can't wait to see it after felting!

Dina said...

can't wait to see the finished felted bag. Great colors!

autumngeisha said...

The bag looks awesome! Such great colors and the design is so impressive. I can't wait to see it felted.

SillyLittleLady said...

I'm excited to see what the felted bag looks like! And that reminds me, I need to show off my second chevron bag...maybe I'll add that to tomorrow's post too...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails