Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WIP Wednesday: Moss Stitch Towel

I am on my third skein of cotton yarn and I have three sets of blocks left to go and I will have my towel and all my February projects done.  Here is a picture:

I think it is turning out nicely.

So what do I have planned for March?

a present for my oldest daughter's best friend
a pair of socks for me
or possibly a shawl in this:

another view:


Louisa Harding Kimono Ribbon in blue/black/deep purple.  It is so soft and silky and I can't wait to work with it and make a shawl to wear with my formal dresses which all happen to be black.

Want to see more works in progress?  Check out Tami's blog.

11 comments:

Gertie said...

Loving the colours in the tea towel.

Tami Klockau said...

The towel looks great! How big is it going to be?

That ribbon yarn is beautiful. I love the colors.

Dutch Hollow said...

Yummy, I think a shawl in those colors will be fab!

Kathleen said...

That towel is great, I love the squares and texture created by the stitch pattern. And I think that ribbon yarn will be fun (and beautiful) to work with!

autumngeisha said...

Great job on the tea towel. I wish I had your motivation to finish all of this month's projects. The ribbon yarn is so pretty. Can't wait to see what shawl project you choose for it.

Affiknitty said...

I'm amazed at your progress and organization! I wish I could say I was that close to finishing the projects I had planned for February. The towel is coming out perfectly.

WonderWhyGal said...

Love the towel colors. I am gearing up for a towel weaving project. Now I am fascinated by designs to use.

The yarn for your shawl is gorgeous. Can't wait to see that knitted up.

The Byrd's Nest said...

I love the colors in the towel. Looks great.

Marushka C. said...

I can't wait to see whAt you do with that silky ribbon yarn. I love those colors!

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks for stopping by. My main motivation for finishing projects is not only wanting to enjoy them but also the Carefree KAL blog in which we have to finish knitting projects totalling 350 yards each month to win prizes of Crystal Palace Yarn.

The shawl will probably be made from a pattern I found on the Crafty Cripple blog. I just love her projects.

rachel said...

The tea towel looks great!

I'm loving the colors in the ribbon yarn. I've never worked with ribbon yarn before, so I'm interested to hear your experience.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails