Friday, February 25, 2011

FO Friday: Two Projects Done

I finished both of my big projects for February this week.  On Sunday I finished up the undulating rib socks in Alpaca with a Twist.  Here they are:
I like the way the pattern shows up when you wear them.  I did modify it a bit in that I didn't keep the pattern up while working on the toe decreases.  My daughter really likes them.

And I finished the towel for my dryer.  It took 3 skeins of Sugar 'n Cream:

The pooling shows up in this one.  I really like the subtle blue darts across the yellow with just a hint of green.  It is bright and cheerful and sitting on my dryer right now.

If you want to see more finished objects then check out Tami's blog.

14 comments:

Dutch Hollow Acres said...

They socks look great on your feet, the pattern really stands out. Great job.

Mollyandollie said...

Loving those socks...and they look great on you!!

Tamara said...

Very pretty pattern.

Mujercita said...

I love those socks!

Kathleen said...

I love both of these projects! I agree about the nice blue-darts effect on the towel, and the texture of those socks is fantastic.

Marushka C. said...

Excellent work! I love the subtle color of the sock yarn, it really lets the pattern stand out.

Dina said...

Love both projects. Great job!

Halfpint said...

Gorgeous socks, they look lovely and squooshy

atangledyarn said...

love your socks! i almost made those instead of my cable and rib ones!!

Tami Klockau said...

Love love love the socks!

Spinster Beth said...

I love the socks! I always think socks look better with plain toes, too.

Affiknitty said...

Those socks are awesome! Nice work on the towel too. : )

WonderWhyGal said...

I LOVE the socks! They are sassy and, of course, anything with Alpaca is a winner for me.

The blanket is great too! I love that even with the pattern of the yarn you can still see the knitted pattern. Awesome.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

belovedknits said...

Your socks are so nice! I really like that pattern. :)
Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails