Friday, February 4, 2011

Finished Object Friday: Rainbow Felted Project Bag

Yes, my project bag is done.  I ran it through the hot water wash twice in my new washer.  And I am so happy with the results.  Want to see it?

I sewed the buttons on with contrasting yarn so it would have even more of that artsy feel.  The only thing I wish I would have done is had the top of the straps meet in the middle at the top rather than have them at the sides.  But it is a nice, roomy bag with plenty of space for my yarn, needles, pattern and any notions I need when I am taking my work in progress out and about with me.  Yes, I knit in public all the time.

More pictures:

26 1/2 inches around after felting

You can still see some of the bumpiness of the moss stitch, the 8 by 8 ribbing is total gone but the button holes look sharp.  The straps felted together nicely and are done with a 4-strand braid.  The stripes look like they reduced by 1/2 although it was only reduced by 4 inches.  The bottom took a bit to felt well. 

Now that this is done, I need to make a matching notions pouch and needle holder.  If you want to see more finished objects then check out Tami's Blog.

7 comments:

nursenikkiknits said...

I love how vibrant your bag looks. I'm inspired to try felting! Great job : )

Tami Klockau said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this bag. I do hope you share the pattern! It turned out beautiful.

Leah said...

Wow, I love the rainbowness. Looks great.

Affiknitty said...

I love rainbows so I love the bag! Nice work on creating your own project bag.

Denise said...

Your bag looks great.

Kathleen said...

I'm kind of in love with this bag---it's so wonderfully fun looking, with all those colours! And the straps make me so happy, the braids felted wonderfully and two-strap bags are so much easier on the shoulders.

Eva said...

This is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails