Wednesday, January 5, 2011

WIP Wednesday

I've been working hard on my projects.  I joined the Carefree KAL blog and am working on my January project which is the year 3-4 Gryffindor scarf. 

This thing is going to be huge.  I am using my extra long needles and even in the ribbed pattern it fills it up.  There will be 14 panels in all of the gold and burgundy stripes.  I have 2 panels complete and am working on the third.  I wanted to have four panels done but Monday was a very busy day with errands and our homeschool is back in session. 

Also, I wanted to finish these:

I just have to finish of the toes and the lacy rib socks will be done.  They fit my youngest daughter but I have enough yarn left to make some anklets for myself.  I wanted to finish these because I am wanting to start a different pair of socks to enter in this month's knitting challenge.  These will be a ribbed sock in:

This is a great alpaca yarn that is so soft and warm.  They have purple undertones with the gray.

If you want to see more works in progress then check out Tami's blog.

13 comments:

Vicki said...

ooh the alpaca wool is gorgeous!!! those lace socks are just uber cute and i love the idea of a HP scarf - how fab xxx

Michelle @ DaintyLoops said...

Those socks look delicious!

Tami Klockau said...

Ooo, the scarf DOES look like it will be huge! It's very pretty though!

Love the socks! Your youngest daughter is lucky!

Miriam said...

While huge, that scarf will be comfy when finished!

Can't wait to see the alpaca socks.

Susie said...

Socrates yarn! I hope there's one called Plato as well ;-). Loving the scarf and the socks. I love the look of that scarf and would wear it to death but I couldn't knit that amount of ribbing. You're a better woman than me!

Rachel said...

wow that is some serious commitment on the scarf front but will be awesome x

Kathleen said...

I'm glad you'll have enough yarn to make yourself some anklets, since the lacy socks ended up wrong for you. (They look great, by the way.)

And I love that grey alpaca, it's a perfect winter-sock colour, I think!

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks. The alpaca yarn is gorgeous and so very soft. The ribbing on the scarf is actually a very quick knit.

Thanks for stopping by.

pentalia said...

Love the striping on your scarf! The skinny yellow stripes give it a very classic look... I keep forgetting to do that with my striped projects.

autumngeisha said...

That scarf is so classic and preppy, love it! The socks are beautiful. I'm glad you have some yarn left to knit yourself some, too.

Denise said...

Love your socks. Almost finished. That alpaca yarn looks very soft and warm.

Faith (the Vampire Slayer) said...

Great socks! I love the sudden splashes of color.

Dina said...

I have the same color of the Socrates just waiting for me to get to it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails