Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday Morning

It was a good morning.  I got some very exciting news.  For New Years' Afiiknitty, had a contest and I won!  I never win anything and for this I won a very nice skein of sock yarn from Socks that Rock.  I've been wanting to try this yarn out for quite some time. 

So getting this news this morning just started the day out on a high.  My oldest did really well with her school work and didn't complain at the huge pile (mostly reading) that she had to work through.   My youngest also had a good day, I started working with her on subtraction with regrouping and she seemed to understand what was going on.

I also wanted to share with you something that I have been doing with my youngest to work with her on reading.  I have taken the sight word lists and typed up the words.  Each week we add in 5 new ones and some words from our lessons.  I lay the words out on the table and have her read them using phonics.
For storage, I keep them in a pencil box so that they are easy to take out.  The words she knows and reads well get put in the box, the ones she is having trouble with we put on the wall in a pocket chart so that she can look at them and practice them throughout the week.
I hope you had a good Monday morning as well.

1 comment:

dkjsv05 said...

Wow ! That is great , now you can make more of those super cool socks :).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails