Friday, January 21, 2011

Finished Object Friday: Gryffindor Scarf and Winner

I finished the Gryffinfor scarf on Tuesday.  It took me about 2 hours to weave in all the loose strings between color changes and I used up about 650 yards of yarn to make it. Want to see how it turned out?

And when worn and bundled up for this cold and snowy weather:

The scarf reaches to her ankles on both sides when she is not bundled up.  She has been sleeping with it at night using it as another blanket and then wearing it all day long everywhere. 

But for the winner of my giveaway, I had 21 entries.  And the winner is......

Marianna who said:

"Looks like a nice giveaway!  Thanks for the chance!"

Thank you all so much for entering.  I loved reading your comments.

14 comments:

Michelle DaintyLoops said...

So cute <3 I love how huge it looks! <3

Riceball Mommy said...

It turned out great, I love the scarf. It also really makes me want to learn to knit.

Countess Ablaze said...

Awesome! It completely swamps her yet still look cute!

Kathleen said...

I'm envious of the sheer hugeness of that scarf, it looks wonderfully warm and I'm happy that your daughter is so happy with it. :D Totally makes the time spent weaving in ends worth it.

CraftyCripple said...

That last picture is hilarious. I don't envy your weaving in of ends - I loathe that task.

Marushka C. said...

The gryffindor scarf is terrific! I'm not surprised she wants to snuggle up with it even when she's not wearing it.

Affiknitty said...

The finished scarf looks great! I bet that it will keep her warm for years to come!

Tami Klockau said...

Oh man, that picture is ADORABLE! How rewarding to know that she loves is so much to sleep with it!

paula said...

Awesome! She looks a bit like the kid from Christmas Story who couldn't put his arms down. :) Nice work - you know you've done well when they *sleep* in the knitted gift!

SweetPotato said...

Cool scarf!
Wow, 2 hours of weaving in ends - I don't think I would have the patience! Hat's off to you!

Halfpint said...

The scarf looks brilliant, I am glad it is well loved

autumngeisha said...

The scarf turned out great and looks adorable on her!

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks. Luckily the weaving in happened while talking to a friend so it went very quickly.

Aimee said...

50 points for Gryffindor!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails