Wednesday, December 15, 2010

WIP Wednesday

I am still working on the same two projects.  The socks were really coming along when I realized that I needed to work on the hat.  So I spent the weekend working hard on getting the hat done but when I tried it on the little boy, I realized that I still have about 4-5 inches left to do. Here is the hat:

I ran out of the multi-colored yarn and did a stripe in gold.  I now need to track down some orange or green that matches and I will make another stripe in that and then finish it off in the gold.

As for my socks, they don't fit me!  Despite the fact that I measured the heel flap against my foot before doing the heel turn, the heel flap is too short.  And my feet are rather wide and the yarn stretches too much over the foot area.  They fit my oldest daughter nicely though so she will be getting these socks.  Here is a picture so far:

The one is done except for toe decrease and I am working on the foot of the other sock.  You can see where I stretched out the first sock when I tried it on. 

So how are your projects going?

8 comments:

mutantsupermodel said...

Those socks are REALLY yummy looking and that hat is going to look great on your boy.

Tami Klockau said...

I actually love the gold strip for the hat. I think it will look good with another color strip and then finish in gold like you mentioned.

Bummer that the socks don't fit. Don't you hate when that happens? At least they fit your daughter so not a total loss!

Denise said...

The hat is going to look great with matching solid stripes.

Your oldest is very lucky to fit those socks.

Affiknitty said...

It's a great idea to stripe some solid colors in to finish off the hat, and the gold looks good.
At least the socks fit someone in the family! Well, now you know how to make them, you will just have to knit another pair for yourself!

autumngeisha said...

The hat looks good with the gold yarn. I'm glad the socks fit your daughter. They are too pretty to have to rip back. The next one will be for you!

Kathleen said...

Still loving the hat, the gold flows so naturally from the variegated yarn, and I think more stripes will look good, too.

Socks are a hard thing to get to fit (so I gather, I've never made any...), but I'm glad that your non-fitting pair have a good home already. :)

Dina said...

loving the hat colors. Well at least the socks are staying in the family!

Rachel said...

wow those are fab sorry your socks are fitting, x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails