Wednesday, December 8, 2010

WIP Wednesday

Not much knitting got done this week.  I usually knit while we watch TV and we ended up watching

and

And these movies were so intense that I couldn't concentrate on even doing the simple knitting on the fall colors hat.
I think I am going to run out of yarn before it is done.  So I am thinking about edging it in orange.  It is turning out very nicely and I have to have it done by next Tuesday.

Now, for my socks, I have the heel flaps, turns and one gusset finished.

I've also had some requests for the pattern and I did some research and I believe I have changed it enough from the various inspiration that when I finish them, I will post the pattern on her for others to use.  I will also link it to ravelry.  I am not continuing the lace on the foot part of the sock because I like my socks to be flat in that area. 

How are your projects coming along?

10 comments:

Stacey said...

Looking good! I agree about leaving out the lace on the foot of the sock... you don't see that part, anyway!

paula said...

I think (actually, I just really hope) that slow project progress is very much acceptable this time of year. There's so much going on! Your socks are lovely -- and on the home stretch! Can't wait to see them finished.

Tami Klockau said...

I LOVE the Harry Potter movies. <3

I think your hat will look awesome with an orange edging, so I would definitely go that route if you run out of yarn (or even if you don't!).

The socks are coming along nicely!

Denise said...

I'm having a hard time with my knitting for the lack of good TV.

I think the orange edging will look good. Your coming along on those pretty socks.

Kathleen said...

I think the hat will look awesome edged in orange, too. (And what a cool yarn, it reminds me of pumpkins.)

autumngeisha said...

Your socks are looking great. The colors are really pretty with the lace.

Sara said...

I love that hat. I love the socks. I think that's quite a bit of progress!

Dina said...

The hat is going to be lovely. Progress is progress even if it does sometimes take a bit longer.

Affiknitty said...

You are definitely in the home stretch with those socks! It's great that you are knitting them both at the same time. They are looking great.

Rachel said...

a orange edge sounds great for the hat, love the HP films x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails