Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Goal Setting

Right now is the perfect time to set goals.  This is the first in a series of Tuesday morning posts on goal setting.  So how about we get started.

Why set goals?

I set goals so that I know which direction we are headed in.  Even if I never look at them again, at least I know that I have a plan and this helps me to move forward.

What kinds of goals?  How do you do this?

I have a goal notebook, where each year I write down my goals for various points in my life.  I enjoy looking at the old goals and checking off what we have accomplished.

I generally set goals for:

finances
health/fitness
homeschool
house
spiritual/personal development

You will probably have other things that you want to set goals for.  For each topic, I generally write down a few things that I would like to accomplish over the next year, 5 years and 10 years.  Some years, I even write out a plan as to how we will do these things.

So get out your notebook and start writing your goals.  Over the next few weeks, I will show you how I handle our goals and write up plans.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails