Friday, December 31, 2010

Finished Object Friday

I have two things to share with you this week.  Gryffindor hats:

This is the year 3/4 hat with the small strips from the back.  It took me about 2 days to make this.  I love this hat pattern as it knits up so quickly.  I used double pointed needles in size 6 to do the ribbing, my knitpicks interchangeables in 7 to knit up the hat and double points in 7 to do the last 4 rows of decreases. 

She hasn't had this hat off since I gave it to her on Christmas morning.  She has even been sleeping in it.

And the year 1/2 wide stripes hat:

This is from the top.  I love the way those stripes turned out.

Today, I get to start the yearlong knit along with the Carefree Blog.  I will be casting on Gryffindor scarves and in the next few days will be starting another pair of socks.  Next week you get to see those lacy rib socks all finished.  I'm working on the toes right now.

Can't wait to see what others have been working on and if you want to see them then check out Tami's blog.

8 comments:

Kathleen said...

I love both hats, especially the wide-stripes one. I'm glad your daughters are enjoying them, too. :)

Geknitics said...

Lovely hats! I'm planning a Hermione hat for my 9yo, hopefully for Valentine's Day.

Gabriela said...

Great looking hats!

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks.

Affiknitty said...

The hats turned out great. That is so cute that your daughter even slept in it! Happy New Year!

autumngeisha said...

Love how your hats turned out. It's great when our knitting efforts are so appreciated, isn't it?

Tami Klockau said...

Both hats turned out so amazing! I think the big striped one is my favorite.

pentalia said...

The Gryffindor hats look great! I love the way the top sort of gathers up, with the stripes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails