Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Tradition--Sugar Cookies

Every year, the Saturday before Christmas, I bake a bunch of sugar cookies:
Then I make icing.  I melt 1/3 cup butter, add 2 cups powdered sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla & mix it all up.  Then I add 2 Tablespoons hot water and stir until creamy and smooth.  Then I divide it into bowls and add color:

We also have an assortment of sprinkles, colored sugar and tube icing to decorate them with:

Every one pitches in and decorates cookies while I keep a steady flow of icing going.  When they are done they are so pretty.
We also have nice floor cleaning crew who loves sugar and cookies:

I hope you are enjoying your holiday traditions.

2 comments:

Dina said...

mmmmm cookies! That reminds me, I have to bake some tomorrow for a couple of decorating parties.

KD said...

Those cookies are beautiful! I managed to make the sugar cookies, but got lazy when it came time for icing... ~sigh~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails