Wednesday, November 10, 2010

WIP Wendesday

I finished my purse.  You want to see it?

Pre-felted it measured 18 by 19 inches.  It took 1 cycle to felt the straps and 2 to felt the body of the purse.  I like a light felt that still lets you see the stitches but creates a nice fuzzy effect.  Here it is:


It flops a bit.  I added a dark blue liner and created 2 sets of pockets.  It is nice to carry and works well.

So what am I working on now?

Socks in that lovely merino for my younger daughter.  I like how they are doing a spiral stripe.  I finished the cuff on the first sock and am working on the cuff for the second.  I like to knit them at the same time so that all the measurements turn out the same. 

11 comments:

Saffy said...

That spiral stripe is coming out really nice - I love it when the unpredictability of a self-striping yarn reveals itself to be just perfect.

I'm also impressed with the bag, I'm yet to do any felting but I do like the way the fabric transforms itself.

Tami Klockau said...

The purse turned out great! I have yet to felt myself, but plan to try it soon!

Love the colors for the socks. I'm sure your daughter will love them!

Liz in Ypsilanti said...

I LOVE those socks! Such pretty girly colors. The purse looks very practical as well as pretty.

{ Emma } said...

Lovely bag, I've never done felting but that looks great.

firefly1013 said...

Nice job with the felted bag! Also, I am passing the Stylish Blogger Award on to you. If you would like to accept, you can find details at my blog, http://thefireflyfiles.wordpress.com/

Affiknitty said...

I really like how the yarn colors blended once the bag felted. Cute socks too!

Denise said...

Love the purse.

I like the way variegated yarn does that spiral thing with socks. Very pretty colors on both projects.

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks.

autumngeisha said...

The purse turned out great. I like to knit my socks two at a time, also. I usually use the magic loop method. It's a great feeling when you finish both pairs at once.

Dina said...

great job on the purse. I'm sure your daughter will love those very pretty socks.

paula said...

Isn't felting just the coolest? It's like having a little bit of magic in your washing machine. :) Love the socks, too -- the colors are super cheerful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails